SK chief discusses ICT partnerships with Estonia, Carribean Community
简介SK Group Chairman Chey Tae-won discussed economic cooperation with high-ranking government officials ...
SK Group Chairman Chey Tae-won discussed economic cooperation with high-ranking government officials from Estonia and the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) during their official visits to South Korea earlier last week, according to the Korean conglomerate on Sunday.
On Friday, Chey hosted a luncheon meeting with Estonian President Alar Karis, and other high-ranking officials at the SK building in Seorin-dong, Jongno-gu in Seoul, where they agreed upon various collaboration opportunities between the two countries in areas including information communications technology and green energy.
During the meeting, a memorandum of understanding was signed between SK Square, the group's investment arm, and Enterprise Estonia, a state-run trade promotion agency.
Under the agreement, SK will invest into the SmartCap Venture Capital Fund, managed by Estonia's state-owned fund management company SmartCap, to discover Estonian companies that pursue innovative projects in the fields of ICT, environment and green energy.
Earlier on Thursday, Chey held dinner meetings with government officials from members of CARICOM, an intergovernmental organization consisting of Caribbean nations including Jamaica, Grenada and Belize, as part of the “Korea-CARICOM High-Level Forum.”
They explored collaboration opportunities across various fields spanning agriculture, tourism and ICT, among others.
Following the series of meetings with delegations from Estonia and the Caribbean nations, Chey left for Paris to attend a global CEO seminar which kicks off Monday.
Together with SK’s top executives, Chey will work on formulating global strategies for key businesses, through the four-day seminar in France, the firm said.
South Korean drugmakers are in a rush to mass-produce antipyretics and antibiotics to keep pace with ...
More than 4 in 10 manufacturing business owners here say they will need more foreign workers next ye ...
Concerns are growing about the growing presence of fall webworms, which are not harmful to humans bu ...
Another search targets opposition leader in corruption probe
[New on scene] Lee Jun
Unification minister meets US civic group head to discuss NK human rights
Gender ministry to discipline 123 parents for not paying child support
Warmer winter temperatures expected this week
Korea reports 7 more cases of lumpy skin disease, total now at 17
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Sao Paulo, horizons expand for Korean studies
- [Herald Review] NCT 127 takes inspiration from ‘Matrix’ for 3rd tour
- Baekyangsa's Buddhist cuisine templestay teaches what it means to eat beyond taste
- Seoul to push through bill to ban dog meat consumption
- 60조 역대급 세수 펑크에도…여야, 국회 운영비 364억 증액 합의
- 이낙연 "전우 시체 위에서 응원가 못 부른다"…총선 유세 거절?
- S. Korea issues navigation warning amid planned N.K. rocket launch
- 인요한 “한동훈, 신선하고 합리적…총선 역할 결정된다면 좋은 일”
- Govt. working to restore administrative network after major disruption
- Trump vows to kill Asia trade deal being pursued by Biden if elected
- 홍준표 "엑스포 박빙 보고…尹 파리 출장가게 한 참모들 징계해야"
- Govt. posthumously confers state medal on late Ven. Jaseung
- A decade of YouTube and Korea in the World of Dave
- National Orchestra of Korea's 'Winter Concert' to bring harmony of tradition, musicals
- [Global Finance Awards] Going global essential in era of digital finance
- Minho of SHINee to hold first solo fan concert in January
- ASEAN filmmakers' works to be screened in Busan
- BM of Kard to return solo with single ‘Lowkey’ this month
- 이종석 헌재소장 임명안 국회 통과…수장 공백 21일 만에 해소
- 군사합의 효력 정지 책임 넘긴 北 "한반도 전쟁은 시점 문제"
- KT CEO carries out first organizational revamp
- Insurance firms' net income jumps over 47% on
- [New in Korean] 'BU Care Insurance' protects hearts after breakups
- [Herald Review] '12.12: The Day' avoids usual pitfalls of historical films
- Corning appoints company veteran as new Korea head
- 尹대통령, 이동관 방통위원장 사의 수용했다…"면직안 재가"
- Former head of Jogye Order dies in temple fire
- Photo of Fu Bao's baby twin sisters’ birth selected for Time's Top 100 Photos of 2023
- [Global Finance Awards] Kyobo's new child insurance plan offers lifetime coverage
- Festivals to illuminate Seoul’s winter nights