简介Chinese contemporary artist Yue Minjun recently unveiled in Seoul paintings he created during the pa ...
Chinese contemporary artist Yue Minjun recently unveiled in Seoul paintings he created during the pandemic that break away from his signature style. Starting in the 1990s, his paintings have earned him the titles "cynical realism painter" and "Chinese avant-garde artist."
Tang Contemporary Art in Seoul is showcasing 24 paintings for a solo exhibition by Yue featuring both older and more recent works. His more recent works consist of the flower series -- paintings depicting people with flowers or other plant life covering their faces.
Notable among the newer works is "Tuberous Begonia,” which shows a red flower blooming on a woman’s face. The woman is assumed to be Yue's wife, who rarely appears in the artist's paintings. The flower is reminiscent of face masks that people were forced to wear when COVID-19 spread rapidly around the world.
The Korean Federation of Community Credit Cooperatives, the nation’s leading mutual financial instit ...
SK Ecoplant announced Monday that its Singaporean unit TES-AMM has processed and recycled over a cum ...
ANDONG, North Gyeongsang Province -- Two hours from Seoul’s Cheongnyangni Station by KTX, the high-s ...
Experts forecast US
N. Korea slams Japan's plan to move up US missile purchase as 'arrogant choice'
S. Korea, UAE strike bilateral free trade agreement
Enhypen announces Nov. 17 comeback with 'Orange Blood'
[Herald Interview] Zion.T aims to rebrand with new LP ‘Zip’
SK chief discusses ICT partnerships with Estonia, Carribean Community
- S. Korean kidnapped in Philippines freed
- [Herald Interview] Director Lee Chung
- FSC lays out plan to boost pet insurance enrollment
- S. Korea, US and Japan to conduct joint aerial exercise for 1st time: source
- “이게 KF
- Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
- Enjoying Halloween in Itaewon sparks debate online
- Seoul shares up nearly 1 pct on eased concerns over Middle East conflict
- Biden says Hamas must be eliminated, US officials warn war could escalate
- Biden to visit Israel as war in Gaza sparks humanitarian crisis
- Kia to expand EV lineup with mass market appeal
- 대통령실 “UAE 대통령 방한 순연”…이스라엘·하마스 충돌 영향
- Seoul shares dip 1 pct on Fed rate hike woes, won sharply slides
- 28th BIFF comes to an end
- BOK wins lawsuit on face of Korea's 100 won coin
- Yoon says improved relations between S. Korea, Japan are people's will
- S Korea, UAE to hold aviation talks over potential increase in bilateral flights
- 尹 보선 첫 반응 "선거 결과서 교훈 찾아, 지혜롭게 변화를"
- N. Korea sent more than 1,000 containers of military equipment, munitions to Russia: White House
- [Photo News] 2023 Sea Art Festival returns to Busan's Ilgwang Beach
- South Korean oil payments for Iran frozen again over Hamas links
- GS Caltex, Posco team up on biofuel
- Lightsum's new album ‘Honey or Spice’ tickles tastebuds
- PM visits Greece for talks on cooperation, World Expo bid campaign
- Samsung owns largest No. of Israeli subsidiaries among S. Korean conglomerates: report
- Dansaekhwa master Park Seo
- 尹지지율 긍정 33%·부정 58%…"명절 기간 물가 등 경제난 체감"
- KT & G to build new tobacco plant in Kazakhstan
- [Herald Interview] Samuel Youn celebrates career in ‘From Darkness to Light’
- Igis launches $100m secondary fund for overseas investment