NY Met exhibition to mark 25th anniversary of Korean gallery
简介The Metropolitan Museum of Art will present the exhibition “Lineages: Korean Art at The Met” in cele ...
The Metropolitan Museum of Art will present the exhibition “Lineages: Korean Art at The Met” in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the museum’s Korean gallery, presenting 30 works of art and artifacts from the 12th century to the present.
“(The exhibition) is an opportunity to reflect on the importance of presenting Korean art for The Met’s international audiences. By pairing historical with modern and contemporary artwork, the show also poses the question of how new lineages and legacies have been shaped by Korean artists responding to the past, their present, and looking toward the future,” said Max Hollein, The Met’s Marina Kellen French director and CEO.
The exhibition, which will open Nov. 7 and run through Oct. 20, 2024, will include works acquired by the museum in the last 25 years, and some of the works will rotate during the exhibition period, according to the museum on Monday. The presentation of works is supported by Korea's Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
The Seoul Metropolitan Government announced Tuesday that it has teamed up with the Seoul Metropolita ...
KB Financial Group's outgoing chair, Yoon Jong-kyoo, said Monday that he hopes his successor wi ...
Compared to the ancient and medieval history and archaeology of China and Japan, those of Korea have ...
- Lotte renews online grocery sales race with new mega facility
- [Hello Hangeul] The making of Korean language textbooks featuring BTS
- [Bills in Focus] Holding CEOs accountable for lack of internal financial control
- Major Korean firms fare worse than US counterparts in H1
- 與 김재섭 "이낙연, 개딸을 바이러스 취급…메시지 너무 셌다"
- KFCC hosts UN conference for inclusive finance
- P&G Korea launches premium diaper to combat skin dryness
- Seoul shares end higher on tech gains, Fed comments
- Igis launches $100m secondary fund for overseas investment
- S Korea, UAE agree to increase bilateral flight ceiling to 21 per week
- 야당, 김행 사퇴에 “사필귀정…사법적 판단 받아야”
- [Today’s K
- Gwanghwamun's 'woldae' to be unveiled this week after restoration
- KT & G to build new tobacco plant in Kazakhstan
- 28th BIFF comes to an end
- UAE President's Seoul visit postponed amid Middle East tensions
- 예술의전당 간 한동훈 화제 되자…野 "집에 스피커 두고 왜 가나"
- Seoul shares close tad higher ahead of key US jobs data
- Hanwha showcases ground weapons systems at US trade fair
- [Weekender] Waiting on the North: Unified Korean dictionary project's long journey
- 'Frasier' returns to TV but you don't need to be a superfan of the original to laugh at its jokes
- YG's new girl group Babymonster to debut next month
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains; Israel
- 'No Japan?' Korea swings from extreme rejection to selective embrace
- Hyundai Motor chairman marks 3rd year of record earnings
- [From the scene] Eye
- Shinhan to bet big on insurance tech startup
- 'We overcame together': NCT127 returns on more solid ground
- Performing Arts Market to link local artists to world
- DB Robotics invents nation's first hybrid electric rollator
- BIFF expands award categories beyond Asian content to global titles
- Taemin of SHINee to drop new EP 'Guilty' on Oct. 30
- Cheongju Craft Biennale stresses connection with nature, Jikji legacy
- [Korean History] 2002, when Korea soared through World Cup
- 사전투표 D
- Seoul shares end lower amid conflict in Middle East