Posco Future M achieves 100% recycling of refractory waste
简介South Korean chemical and battery materials manufacturer Posco Future M has achieved 100 percent rec ...
South Korean chemical and battery materials manufacturer Posco Future M has achieved 100 percent recycling of refractory waste, gaining a foothold in green transformation, the company said Monday.
Usually, in the shape of bricks, refractories are solid materials that can withstand high temperatures, preventing the heat of metal from damaging the steelmaking furnaces.
Posco Future M used to bury refractory waste in landfills, as recycling was only limited to refractories made of renewable sources. As of 2020, the recycling rate stagnated at 40 percent.
Still, the company has sought diverse methods to recycle the spent refractories, utilizing them as subsidiary materials for cement as well as molding sands and landfill cover materials.
Since 2022, the manufacturer has maintained 100 percent recycling of spent refractories, leaning toward net zero carbon emissions.
Last year, Posco Future M recycled 17,000 metric tons of refractories, which is equivalent to reducing and decarbonizing 30,000 tons of emissions. The recycling also saved the cost of landfilling amounting to 1.4 billion won ($1.03 million).
Ramping up its environmental efforts, the company has secured partnerships with local cement manufacturers, providing silica-alumina refractories as inexpensive materials for cement production.
It also shared cutting-edge recycling technologies with raw material suppliers to convert the waste into high-quality sources for new refractories.
Along with environmental, social and corporate governance practices, Posco Future M is leading the value of the circular economy by circulating resources at their highest value and regenerating nature.
The US Department of State said Monday that South Korea is not the subject of UN Security Council sa ...
이재명 더불어민주당 대표가 지난달 27일 구속 영장이 기각돼 경기 의왕시 서울구치소를 나선 후 소회를 밝히고 있다. 사진 공동취재단더불어민주당이 백현동 개발 특혜 의혹과 관련해 이 ...
K-pop girl group Le Sserafim has been named the house ambassador to the luxury brand Louis Vuitton.T ...
[Contribution] Future of agriculture
尹지지율 긍정 33%·부정 58%…"명절 기간 물가 등 경제난 체감"
S Korea, UAE to hold aviation talks over potential increase in bilateral flights
Le Sserafim becomes house ambassadors for Louis Vuitton
[Herald Interview] Zion.T aims to rebrand with new LP ‘Zip’
Striving to be the best, TXT returns with 3rd LP
- 신원식 “나도 육군이지만, 합참의장은 해군 시켜야”
- [Herald Interview] Korean Cultural Center in Madrid aims to extend, expand Korean culture in Spain
- LG, Hyundai join forces to advance robot
- US needs 'strategic clarity' on North Korea deterrence: report
- Mirae Asset ETF to make Chinese debut
- Korean doctors see income surge amid intensifying physician shortage
- [Today’s K
- Gov't to complete vaccination of cattle by Nov. 10 to prevent spread of lumpy skin disease
- Major retailer recalls over 50,000 pairs of shower shoes due to chemical hazard
- [사진] “군 초급간부 여건 개선 노력해달라”
- Is S. Korea dangerous for women?
- 문재인 "부동산 정책, 초유 상황에 실책…신뢰 잃어 뼈아프다"
- Young swimmer enjoys self
- [Photo News] Floral Butterfly
- [Hello Hangeul] Korean language instructors' working conditions remain subpar
- Subway fare in greater Seoul rises to 1,400 won
- [Herald Review] ‘Carmen’ redefines iconic femme fatale as stalking victim
- Hyundai’s decadeslong support for archery pays off at Asian Games
- Tapas bar explores modern interpretations of kimchi
- Film director Jung Byung
- S. Korea beats Chinese Taipei for 4th straight baseball gold
- Death toll from Afghan quakes rises to more than 2,000
- S. Korea sweeps up 2 gold medals at stake in recurve team events
- Asiana may ditch cargo business to close Korean Air merger deal
- Opposition leader Lee attends arrest warrant hearing at Seoul court
- Israeli forces clash with Hamas gunmen after hundreds killed
- Orchestra composed of players with visual impairment to perform Oct. 4
- 尹 “국민, 안보 믿음 가졌을 것”…4000명 장병 동원 행진 주관
- Ive kicks off first world tour, 'Show What I Have'
- Satellite imagery highlights 'dramatic' increase in N. Korea