N. Korea threatens to strike US aircraft carrier
简介North Korea threatened Friday to stage the "most powerful and rapid first strike" against US strateg ...
North Korea threatened Friday to stage the "most powerful and rapid first strike" against US strategic assets deployed to the Korean Peninsula, in the latest bellicose rhetoric that underscored Pyongyang's concerns about US military capabilities in the region.
The nuclear-powered USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier docked at the southeastern port of Busan on Thursday for a five-day visit -- the first since September 2022 -- in a show of force against North Korea. The visit came soon after trilateral naval drills involving the United States, South Korea and Japan.
The carrier strike group's visit is part of the US commitment to further strengthening the "regular visibility" of strategic assets on the peninsula, as outlined in the Washington Declaration issued in April following the summit of the leaders of South Korea and the US
North Korea denounced Washington's deployment of nuclear strategic assets as an "undisguised" military provocation, warning that the strategic assets have entered the extremely dangerous waters.
North Korea's "most powerful and rapid first strike will be given to the 'extended deterrence' means, used by the US to hallucinate its followers, and the bases of evil in the Korean peninsula and its vicinity," according to a commentary carried by the official Korean Central News Agency.
North Korea said the country's nuclear doctrine adopted last year allows it to take necessary actions, such as the preemptive use of nuclear arms, in case it judges a nuclear attack against it is imminent.
Last month, North Korea amended the constitution to enshrine the policy of strengthening its nuclear force, as it seeks to increase its nuclear arsenal "exponentially." (Yonhap)
Six soon-to-be ex-ministers from President Yoon Suk Yeol’s Cabinet have been identified as “strong c ...
KT&G, South Korea's largest tobacco company, said Thursday that the company has started constru ...
P&G Korea, the South Korean unit of the global consumer goods maker Proctor & Gamble, said Thursday ...
- [Herald Interview] Lee Eung
- S. Korea may decide to increase medical student quota as early as next week
- Igis launches $100m secondary fund for overseas investment
- Korean economy expected to grow by 2.1% in 2024: Hana Institute
- Exhibition opens to deepen ‘Olympic experience’
- Political parties call for revision of military exemptions for athletes
- Yoon regards illegal stock short selling serious 'malady': presidential office
- Breaking silence over drug allegations, G
- Without light, Lightwalk will not be architecture: Dominique Perrault
- Central Asia, S. Korea pledge to strengthen youth cooperation
- Le Sserafim lands on UK, US charts with 'Perfect Night'
- Korea suspends stock short selling until start of July 2024
- [Hello Indonesia] Korea, Indonesia to bolster ties on future growth drivers
- [Today’s K
- Yoon vows to move up completion of GTX commuter rail networks
- Hyundai to develop own cheaper batteries for EVs
- 홍익표, 조국 총선 출마설에 “조만간 뵙고 말씀 들을 것”
- Ruling party urges Yoon to veto opposition
- S. Korean shares close higher ahead of US inflation data
- Nara Space successfully launches cube satellite
- Music director, composer Jung Jae
- 9·19 합의 취약점 '대북 감시' 공백, 미국 위성으로 메운다
- Weak won pushes import prices up in October
- SK hynix starts supply of world’s fastest mobile DRAM for China's Vivo
- 한·미 북핵 대응 전략 10년 만에 다시 쓴다
- 감사원, 文정부 소상공인 지원 실태 감사 착수
- Dunamu hosts forum on blockchain's potential
- Bikes or motor vehicles? E
- JYP to 'take K
- Ruling party reform committee under pressure to disband
- LG companies hint at grand promotions to celebrate Twins' big win
- Enjoy League of Legends World Championship at Gwanghwamun Square
- LG Twins crowned champions for 1st time since 1994 as S. Korean baseball season ends
- ‘Believer 2’ returns as 'midquel' with new characters, stronger plot
- Bithumb to push for IPO in 2025
- Seoul hosts ICC seminar highlighting role of Asia