您现在的位置是：부모와 아이 >>正文
GS Caltex, Posco team up on biofuel
简介South Korean oil refiner GS Caltex announced Thursday that it has secured a partnership with Posco I ...
South Korean oil refiner GS Caltex announced Thursday that it has secured a partnership with Posco International to expand their presence in the biofuel industry, accelerating efforts toward a green transformation.
The agreement was signed at the Posco Center in Gangnam, Seoul, Thursday, with top executives including GS Caltex CEO Hur Sae-hong and Posco International Vice Chairman and CEO Jeong Tak in attendance.
Through a joint venture, the two will build the new refinery facility in Kalimantan, Indonesia, with a combined investment of 260 billion won ($194 million). Starting with construction early next year, the facility is expected to operate in the second quarter of 2025.
The refinery is to boast annual production of 500,000 tons of palm oil as well as cooking oil, the company said.
They will also recover waste materials generated from the facility and later use them for biofuel production, allowing the company to build a whole value chain.
The new business enables the refiner to secure a stable supply chain, which are needed for the development of biofuel production technology.
Amid the global wave for renewable and green business, GS Caltex is leaning toward net zero carbon emissions by investing in biofuels, plastic recycling and hydrogen technology.
“The new partnership will allow us to secure competitiveness in the global bio market,” said Hur. “As GS Caltex has a soaring influence in the bio industry, we are expected to have a high synergy effect with Posco International.”
- 부모와 아이
South Korean drugmakers are in a rush to mass-produce antipyretics and antibiotics to keep pace with ...
- 부모와 아이
The Moroccan Embassy emphasized the significance of administrative autonomy as a catalyst for develo ...
- 부모와 아이
An umbrella group for those in dog meat industry in South Korea has vowed to hold a protest Thursday ...
- [Hello Hangeul] Inside the Korean language classroom in Madrid
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Korean Studies gaining traction at Complutense University of Madrid
- 폰에 '파이팅' 문자 있는 여성 끌려갔다…北, 청년에 이런 단속
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Chae Man
- Bomb scare hits Hongdae station, police search turns up empty
- AmCham seminar explores health care as bigger part of Korea
- Seoul City to operate autonomous night bus
- 이재명 "여·야·정 정책협의체 제안…간병비 급여화 서둘러야"
- Ocean specialist tapped as maritime affairs minister
- '이상민 탈당' 때린 민주 의원들 "국회의장 하려 동지 팔아"
- HD Hyundai Shipbuilding invests $47m in Estonian fuel cell for green maritime energy
- S. Korea warns of potential NK surprise attacks using Hamas tactics
- LG CNS launches new AI platform for corporate clients
- The ruling party vows extraordinary measures to win back people's trust after crushing by
- Art Busan's unveils galleries, theme for inaugural fair, Define Seoul
- Appeals court upholds 40
- More webtoon
- 문 정부, 셀트리온에 코로나 R&D 예산 522억 몰아줬다
- PM makes official visit to Denmark to promote Expo bid
- USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier to arrive in Busan this week
- N. Korea's Kim, Putin exchange congratulatory messages marking 75th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 윤 대통령 “중동 리스크 대응, 민생에 전력 다해야”
- [HIT Forum] High schooler shares his space dream
- [HIT Forum] Korea's only astronaut highlights humanity's connection with universe
- Hanwha at forefront of Korea’s space leadership
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains after Fed comments
- [Today’s K
- Samsung SDI, Stellantis to set up 2nd JV plant in Indiana
- Trend forecaster Kim Ran
- Aespa to return with 4th EP ‘Drama’ next month